As the weekend winds down, this is where we're at:
Chloe is still at DeVos. They want to keep her there until her counts go up and they have time to culture blood samples taken from her port and arm to determine if there is any major infection that needs to be dealt with. On the whole, she is in good spirits and isn't really acting sick. In fact, she truly has begun to see this a sleepover and wants to spend a few more days. She has received an antibiotic through her port every six hours for the first 24 hours. This afternoon she had a shot of a medication that will hopefully bring her counts up. Hopefully she'll be able to come home tomorrow, but only time will tell. Christa is staying there with her tonight.
I'm at home with Martha and Henri. Martha has a cold or allergies (???) and is feeling pretty lousy so she had to wear a mask when she stopped by the hospital to visit Chloe this afternoon. I requested a sub for tomorrow so that I can get Martha to the doctor to get her checked out and see if there is anything we can do so that we don't have to quarantine her when Chloe gets to come home.
A few prayer requests:
- Healing for Chloe and Martha
- Strength and peace for all of us
- A good night's sleep for Christa and I. I think we both forgot how intermittent sleep is in the hospital with nurses and techs coming into to check vitals regularly and little alarms going off when Chloe would roll over and pull off the monitors.
- Keeping this all in perspective. It really could be so much worse.
- The ability for me to let go and say "not in this season of life" as there are things I want to do, but can't find time/energy to do them, and Christa has to remind me "you have a daughter with cancer, that's enough to take care of right now."
Thanks, everyone, for your continued prayers and presence in our family's life. Good night.